11 November 2015

Turkish Wine of the Week - Prodom 2012 Syrah, Petit Verdot, Cabernet Franc

I have so many fond memories of Prodom's Syrah, Petit Verdot, Cabernet Franc blend. It was the first truly beautiful Turkish wine I had. It was the wine that made me realize both that Turkish wine could be amazing and that (at 120 TL at La Cave) that I was probably going to have to pay for amazing wine.


Why did I fall so hard in love with this wine? Well tannins for one thing. Every time I treat myself to a bottle of this I'm reminded again of the very niiiice tannins it has, and I loves me some tannins. But I get ahead of myself. The nose is dark, full of dark fruits and cherries. If something can smell velvety, this does.

Those beautiful, velvety tannins are accompanied by some medium acid and a long finish. Flavors on the palate mimic the nose with luscious dark fruits, chocolate, and some nuttiness from the oak.

Delicious AND it looks good with my view!

Like my other favorite reds, this Prodom blend goes well with my favorite foods like tomatoes, goat cheese, and truffled almonds.

No comments: