02 September 2015

Turkish Wine of the Week - Suvla 2014 Blush

Continuing my forays into pink wine I agreed to a bottle of Suvla's 2014 Blush (Cabernet Sauvignon). I generally like a Cab so I didn't figure I go terribly wrong getting one that just didn't sit as long with the grape skins.

I didn't go terribly wrong...nor did it exactly blow me way either.

To start with, it's a very attractive looking wine with it's peachy, salmon-like color. The nose was also quite nice: fruity with maybe some hints of oak and a scent that was very familiar but frustratingly elusive. On the palate it was low in tannins (odd for a Cab but likely the nature of it being a blush), medium acid, and a long finish. The majority of the flavor on the palate seems to have been lost on me but that doesn't mean I didn't enjoy it. The Suvla 2014 Blush is a definitely dry, clean wine that drinks pretty easily.



I can always tell when a wine did or did not impress me. If I wasn't blown away by it then my notes are few and very basic. However if I loved a wine then my notes read like a bloody romance novel. Written in collaboration by Victor Hugo and Orhan Pamuk-two of the most overly wordy writers I have ever had the (mis)fortune to read. As much as I hate to not gush over a Suvla wine...my notes here were pretty basic.

No comments: