05 January 2015

Turkish Wine of the Week - Suvla Kabatepe Rose 2013

It's very pink. Really. Very. Pink.



Normally I eschew roses, largely I think because I don't like dry chilled wines. Partially also probably because roses make me think of white Zinfandels and well...If Suvla's Kabatepe Rose is any indication though I need to stop being snobby about pink wines and jump on the bandwagon!

The whole Kabatepe Rose 2013 experience is like being enveloped in summer. The nose is all summer fruits and flowers with strong overtones of strawberries and raspberries.The palate is similarly so, red fruits, strawberries, raspberries and summer flowers. It is not sweet though so don't be thinking that. It's very crisp and slightly acidic.


I hope this is still in stock come summer because I just found the wine that I'll be drinking on my terrace come the warm weather. In addition to this Suvla has a blush and now that I'm off my high horse about pink wines I will certainly be trying it. Sometimes it's good to be wrong.*

*Disclaimer: I'm usually not wrong. Just so we're all on the same page.

No comments: