23 October 2007

Photo of the Day - A Walk in the Woods



Chimney Rock, Catoctin Mountain National Park
Last weekend, my Dad came for a visit. I thought it might be a great opportunity to show him some of the things that I really like to do. One of those things is visiting National Parks. Deciding that I wanted to hit up a park that I hadn't visited yet, I made plans to go to a stretch of the Appalachian Trail: Catoctin Mountain National Park. The park is located about 15 miles away from Gettysburg on the Maryland side of the Mason-Dixon line. Visiting this park turned out to be my best idea for the whole weekend because not only did we take a 3 hour hike up the mountain to see (and shoot) some beautiful scenery together, but we also visited two apple orchards where they unbelieveably had no donuts, and also Gettysburg National Battlefield Park where it turns out, my Dad has wanted to visit since he was a kid.


I'm going to be sharing a number of these shots in the next few weeks, because I have many that turned out very well. In the meantime, here are a couple more just to whet your pallette for something autumnal:

Moss and Leaves, Catoctin Mountain


Pumpkin Pyramid, Catoctin Mountain Apple Orchard; Thurston, MD


Sony Cybershot 7.2MP, Digital Format

No comments: