17 October 2007

Photo of the Day - T-Rex

A few months ago, I went with my niece and nephew to the Smithsonian Natural History Museum. The museum always has lots of different exhibitions in the museum, and not only is it fun for kids, but it's an opportunity for adults to be kids too! This particular day, they had 'handlers' out with different bugs for the public to touch and feel. My niece was giddy about the stick bug that danced across her palm, and my nephew was totally freaked out by the green caterpiller that crawled around his fingers.



To me, the coolest part of the whole day was the pre-historic section of the museum. My sister and I marveled over the petrified trillobites, and talked about finding them in our backyard in Michigan as kids. And then...we saw him. The King of all the Dinosaurs-- the Tyrannosaurus Rex! The look on the kids' faces as their glances went up, and up, and up examining his sharp teeth and short little arms was amazing! The shot above is what we saw.



Sony Cybershot 7.2MP, digital format

No comments: